Love is a decision, a free exercise of choice... two people love each other only when they are quiet capable of living without each other but choose to live with each other.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Joy of Too much Tenderness


I thank God for all my struggles and pain. It brought me closer to Him and made me realize there's more to life than what I have and what I see.

As I look back, pain is always a purification for me. It made me aware of my own weaknesses, my own faults, my own incomptence, my own lack of knowledge, my being nothing. It made me appreciate the fact that I can do nothing. I must own it and value it as much as I can. Yes, it is not forever. No matter what suffering I may have- it will all pass, as everything passes.

I understand how God want His children to be pliant to Him. Only He knows the degree of glory He desires for us and what graces are needed. Suffering in itself does not make us holy. It is only when we own it, be united with it, out of love, to the suffering of Christ that it has meaning.

1 comment:

PR said...

With pain comes wisdom. You can't have one without the other.