Love is a decision, a free exercise of choice... two people love each other only when they are quiet capable of living without each other but choose to live with each other.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Profound Thinking




One of our problems is that very few of us have developed any distinctive personal life. Everything about us seems secondhand, even our emotions. In many cases we have to rely on secondhand information in order to function. I accept the word of a physician, a scientist, a farmer, on trust. I do not like to do this. I have to because they possess vital knowledge of living of which I am ignorant. Secondhand information concerning the state of my kidneys, concerning the effects of cholesterol, I can live with. But when it comes to questions of meaning, purpose, and death, secondhand information will not do. I cannot survive on a secondhand faith in a secondhand God. There has to be a personal word, a unique confrontation, if I come to alive!

8 comments:

Allen's Darling said...

Thanks for dropping by you have a very nice paged here...ingat and your welcome always OxOxOx...

Phyl said...

http://scrappynhappy.blogspot.com/2008/04/beautiful-wordsand-blessing.html

Shaninay said...

I love the angle of your sunset. :) Nice.

rocky choleric said...

I am passing you the friendship chain. I hope you will help me extend this chain! Thank you friend!

Joy said...

thanks for the comment that you have on my page-hope to change link with you? mine is : http://joyblurbs.blogspot.com/

Phyl said...

Consider yourself MUGGED~ Go here to learn more:
http://tinyurl.com/5glum2

earthlingorgeous said...

shawie :) I agree with you don't take second hand or second best... nice photographs you used too :) thanks for always dropping by my blogs by the way off topic I tagged you see my earthly blog for details mwa

Tilak said...

Good one. Keep up the good job.

Regards

Tilak